The IberCup is currently one of the most important World Youth Football Tournaments in the Planet. Since the first edition more than 70 countries have already been represented in our tournaments. Every year about 32,000 players participate in IberCup tournaments for a week of competition, fantastic experiences and extraordinary opportunities to compete with some of the TOP teams in the world. The proximity to the majestic Mt. Fuji, allows everyone to enjoy the beautiful landscapes and lakes all around the city of Gotemba. The amazing weather on this time of the year makes the IberCup much more than a football tournament... through football creates the possibility to meetings both outside and on the field with participants from all over the world, being currently one of the most international youth football tournaments throughout the World.
Every year, IberCup´s Tournaments have the participation of more than 1800 teams from 70 countries. Famous teams like Liverpool FC, Manchester City, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, O. Lyon, Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, Juventus, FC Porto, SL Benfica, Sporting Clube de Portugal, FC Zenit, Valencia CF, Sevilla FC, Real Betis, Malaga CF, Espanyol Barcelona, Deportivo la Coruña, Chivas Guadalajara, Paris St Germain, CR Vasco da Gama and Olimpique Marseille, already participated in previous editions. The participants are between 9 and 18 years old boys and girls, distributed in different age categories.
IberCup will be played following FIFA’s football rules. The limit for team’s applications is 32 teams in each age category. If the maximum enrollment of teams is reached before the deadline for registrations, registrations will close before the scheduled date. The first teams that make the registration will have a greater probability of being accepted to participate. Team`s participation only be assured after all payments confirmed. Note that in previous editions the tournament has not been able to accept all teams that wished to enter.
Who May Participate:
All clubs, which are members of their FIFA affiliated national associations, are welcome to participate in the IberCup. The club has to be a member of their FIFA affiliated national association. In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association.
Number of Teams in the Tournament:
It is our goal that all teams that wish to take part in the IberCup should be able to do so. But please note that during last couple years the tournament has not been able to accept all teams that wished to enter. There will be a maximum of 100 teams. The teams paying their entry fees first will be given priority. The team is officially registered only after this first entry payment. Additionally, most of the hotels will be fully booked before November so don’t take too long to make your decision as accommodation options close early.
The tournament begins with group play. The teams are divided into groups of four or five where all the teams will meet in a round robin series. Classiﬁcation/ standings will be determined according to points. A victory is 3 points; Draw 1 point; Defeat 0 points. The two best teams in each group will advance to Playoff A. The other teams in the group will play the Playoff B or consolation playoff. The playoff matches are played by direct elimination and in case of draw will be decided by penalties according to FIFA’s regulations. All players must be insured, both for games and leisure time. Arrival for all teams is at least 1 day before the tournament first match.
Hotel Accommodation: 22th to 26th August. Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Breakfast at the hotel. Lunch and dinner depends on the option but can be at nearby meal centers or schools or in the chosen accommodation. Arrival with dinner included, departure with lunch included at the Hotel. The IberCard and accommodation fee is included in the cost.
Without Accommodation: Only for local teams (until 100 kilometers from the competition centers). All participants in this category need to pay a participant fee that includes the IberCard. There is a limited number of teams accepted in this category. This category is normally fully booked in November.
- September 1: Online registration form for next year’s tournament opens. When we receive your deposit fee we confirm your place in IberCup.
- May 1: Final date for registrations. If the maximum enrollment of teams is reached before that date, registrations will close before the scheduled date.
- May 15: 50% payment of the total cost must be payed.
- June 15: Last date for the accommodation fee/participation fee for all participants with or without accommodation. Both leaders and players pay this fee. You can cancel players until July 5th, after that a doctors certificate is required.
- July 15: Final date to send the players list. After this date we will charge extra 5€ per player.
- July 15: Final date to send the rooming list. After this date we will charge extra 10€ per person.
- August 10: Match schedule is posted.
- August 22: Arrival day, no matches played.
- August 23: The matches begin, Opening Ceremony.
- August 24: Leaders Match.
- August 25: Playoff B Finals.
- August 26: Playoff A Finals. Return of the participant teams.
In case of unforeseen circumstances, Ibercup Organization reserves the right to be able to change this dates.
IberCup Japan Prizes
In 2017, the Japanese teams can achieve the next IberCup Japan Prizes:
- The best ranked Japanese team in Cat C gets an slot in IberCup CASCAIS 2018 (Portugal).
- The second best ranked Japanese team in Cat C gets an slot in IberCup USA 2018 (USA).
- The best ranked Japanese team in Cat E gets an slot in IberCup SCANDINAVIA 2018 (Denmark).
- The best ranked Japanese team in Cat F gets an slot in IberCup SCANDINAVIA 2018 (Denmark).
- The best ranked Japanese team in Cat R gets an slot in IberCup USA 2018 (Poland).
Please see the number 26 on the regulation for more information.